Prepare your future
The doctoral studies is not only a period of research. It is also a time to prepare for its the future. The purpose of this section is to give you some guidelines to assist you in building your own professional project.
True first professional experience, The doctorate should be regarded as ones first professional experience during the job search. At the end of the thesis work, the doctor has a set of skills that can be transferred to a variety of new professional environments :
- Scientific and technical expertise specific to a particular field,
- The ability to manage complex problems, to approach the unknown, to innovate,
- Project management and teamwork,
- The ability to question oneself, rigor, autonomy, perseverance,
- Written and oral communication, in French and in another language,
- Integration into a network and the ability to develop and maintain it
The future of the Doctors of the University of Lyon
Each year since 2011, the University of Lyon (together with the Doctoral School InfoMaths) conducts a survey on the integration of its doctors two years after graduation. These surveys are a good indication of the employability of doctors.